Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Grandpa's Basement

Oh, boy did I encounter the find of a lifetime on my last visit home to Colorado! My grandma guided me through a few things in her basement, a wind up clock, old letters and a box of mixed letterpress type belonging to my grandpa, Kermitt Patton. I averted my eyes to a corner of the basement and pointed at an old cabinet with many drawers..."What is that....?"
To my astonished delight I opened a drawer to find it packed with wooden type. Nineteen of them are still waiting for me in Colorado, but I had my mom mail one drawer to me so I could print with it right away. There is no complete font, and they are all lacking many vowels, such as the much used "E", but I still wish to make a collage of letters to spell words.




1 comment:

bloodmilk. said...

what an amazing find! I would die for all those lovely letters!
ps thanks for stopping by my blog and for the lovely comment!
xoxo